Before I dive into this one, I will try to update with a question a little more often. I’ve been exhausted and trying to make bags to sell which eats into my blogging time. Bare with me. I’ll get there.
#45 on the list is not really a question but I like it.
Set a goal, and a plan on how to get there
My goal? I am going with “Be happily homeless!”
But first… WHY?! Before you lecture me on how that isn’t acceptable as a plan, I have already heard it all. Thank you for your concerns. Without a job, with not being able to get on disability, I am pretty screwed. No one will hire me. Without an income, I have to make plans for the future that don’t include a lot of costs.
Let’s be done with that and move on to something constructive… or productive!
How to get there step 1: How can I make money?
I know, I know! No job. But I still need to be able to buy the basic needs, even if I am homeless. Mild depression, and the thought that I will never get hired for any job, has become a firm reality. I need to do something that I can do from home. Here are my list of things I can do.
- Blog. I love blogging! Like, stick to it! Even on the bad days.
- My goal from now on is two days a week. No procrastinating!
- I would like to work up to three days… but for now, it will be Tuesday and Thursday. Every week!
- I can post pictures the other days like I have done on occasions. I should probably figure out how to make money from photography.
- Write. I am thinking of writing books. Cookbooks. Stories. Poetry. Kids’ books.
- Crochet and sew. I am going to make items to sell on Etsy too.
- My goal from now on… eh, I am working on that. Not sure what my goal should be yet. But I’ll figure it out.
- YouTube videos. I can make those too. I actually love making videos, I just don’t share them because I am self-conscious.
- My goal from now on is to post one video a week.
- I would like to work up tow two a week but this will give me a chance to learn video editing and other video related things.
- Design shirts or items to sell. (T-shirts, bags, cups, etc) Not sure if I’ll stick with the crazy theme but I like crazy. Me and crazy are good pals! Anyone want to help with designs?
- My goal for now is to … thinking … working on this plan. It’s still a very new idea. So… keep researching!
I know these things won’t have me rolling in the dough. But any amount of money means that my family has to help me that much less.
I have friends and family helping in the background. Some are in the cheering squad. Some are going to help me get things rolling. I love my friends and family!
I can’t use Google Adsense or Amazon to help with income. So those two are out. I have to make it on my own. This is both terrifying and exciting.
How to get there step 2: Where to park my RV
I have some options here but most of them mean I would have to move from Montana. My goal will always be coming back to Montana if I have to move.
I need to survive though. I am working on this. My hope is that I can stay in Montana, or at least the Northwest. I love the mountains over here.
I love the climate. I can go outside most of the year! I am not stuck inside all the time. Living elsewhere, I would be inside eight to nine months out of the year. I don’t want to do that again.
So this is a difficult one for me. Plus, I have to make sure I move somewhere that allows marijuana (either medical or recreational). So that limits my decision also.
My first thought was if I could find a mobile home park that will let me park there and pay the low rent, I can figure out the rest later.
How to get there step 3: Think positive!
I am not really sure what else I need to do for this. I need to get rid of pretty much EVERYTHING! Frugal living is a must. Simple living is a plus. RV living is making me excited! I am so looking forward to this!
Not every day is a positive day for me though. I have many days where I am just down on myself. I have to remain positive. I have to keep telling myself that this is going to all work out. It always does. I just have to keep my chin up. Nothing is so bad that it can’t be worked through.
How to get there step 4: Everything else
There is a lot I need to figure out.
How am I going to get around if I am not allowed to drive? BIKE! Or living somewhere that has public transportation.
Selling all my stuff. I won’t have to sell ALL of my stuff. Some of it will go to my kids. Some of it it their stuff. But I need to downsize.
Deciding what I need. I NEED shelter, clothes, warmth/cold, and food. But other things will make this so much better. I have to figure out what I can live without. I can live without a microwave and other items I would miss but don’t NEED. But my coffee. I have to have coffee. There is no way around it. I can use a press though.
The need category is a tough on for me. Like, I don’t NEED internet but it is going to be how I make money. So I kind of do. There are quite a few things like that.
I need to plan when I am going to do this. I have help now but I still need to plan for the future. That is so scary. I have never been this low yet so optimistic.