Since I am severely Vitamin D deficient (mine was 6 the last they checked) I have tried vitamin D supplements. All of them make me sick.
- I feel like I have the flu
- My skin feels like it is on fire
- My skin hurts
- My body aches
- My bones hurt!
- My eyes feel like sunshine is coming out of my eyes.
- I am so exhausted that I can’t stay upright.
But since we are left with “try mushrooms and lichen” or “get shots and dialysis”, I decided to suck it up and try my damnedest to suffer through some mushrooms charged with Vitamin D.
I did a lot of research on this and found that if you take mushrooms (Portobello and shiitake are what I am going for) and lay them upside down in the sunshine (stems removed) they create Vitamin D. Then you eat them and VOILA Vitamin D supplement that is as natural as I can get.
One problem. Every time I eat the mushrooms, I feel like crap. Not as bad as the other supplements but I still feel ill. Compared to above:
- My skin doesn’t burn (that’s a positive)
- My skin doesn’t feel like it’s on fire.
- It does itch though but very mildly.
- My body aches but not as severe.
- My bones do not hurt.
- I am still exhausted but not all the time. I comes and goes in waves.
- My eyes feel puffy but not bad.
BUT it does have a few other side effects.
- My stomach and abdomen does this weird flip-flop thing where it feels like there are spasms running through them, like I am getting kicked in the gut, then I am hit with MASSIVE waves of nausea and dry heaving.
- I get a fever. Usually mild. The worse was 102.4 or something close.
- I feel like I am freezing to death.
I am debating now how much of this I can tolerate. I am still doing it a couple of times a week (because I can’t feel like shit 24/7). The symptoms last about a day. I am planning my mushroom doses with when I need to be active and marijuana is helping with most of the symptoms.
If this doesn’t bring my Vitamin D up into a better range, I am seriously going to have a sobbing break down… snot bubbles and all!
Just thought I would update since today was a mushroom day and I wasn’t able to post earlier because of it. So, about two days a week, I may skip posting. I am planning for that.